LOVE MY HENS WORLD'S CLEANEST POULTRY WATER.
An original design from Love My Barnyard.
- FAST & EASY CLEANING, NO MESS, NO STINK!
- Sanitary system keeps food and poop out to drastically reduce bacteria.
- Designed to rid your hen water of algae growth that plastic containers love to harbor.
- THE HEALTHIEST CHICKEN DRINKER OF ALL!
Eat healthier eggs. Food-grade stainless steel is toxin-free. No PVC or ABS Plastic = No BPA's & No Phthalates.
Chickens will love the taste. Reducing bacteria means fresher tasting water.
- DESIGN FEATURES:
- One drinker is good for 3-6 chickens. With 3 cups plus 1 spare.
- Chickens learn quickly but do require some basic training.
- Comfortable to carry & easy to hang. With large handle.
- Easy filling wide-mouth tote with tight-fitting lid.
- Interchangeable design, can swap cups to nipples any time.
A NOTE ON PECKING CUPS VS. HORIZONTAL NIPPLES
We love horizontal nipples, but we sell what folks ask for... It is our experience that it is as easy to train chicks and chickens to use horizontal nipples as it is pecking cups. They are not all that different: one has a big yellow paddle that gets pecked and one has a small stainless flange.
- Cups collect dirt and horizontal nipples don't, so it's just added cleaning.
- Horizontal nipples are significantly slower than cups to freeze up in winter.
- That said, both are easier to keep clean than auto-filling cups because there is no exposed standing water. But we also offer auto-fill cups which are perfect if you cannot deal with training your chickens. With our stainless steel tote your water will stay clean with both pecking cups and nipples. So, you're way ahead whichever you choose!
- Wonder what we here at Love My Barnyard use? Well, we actually use a combination. We like the cleanliness and ease of the nipples, but we also like to keep a few auto-filling cups set up as well because it is a great water source for our bee apiary. Bees often drown and the auto-filling cups give them a perfectly sized safety ramp to drink from.
Still not sure? They are interchangeable, so you can place your order with an extra set of either nipples or auto-fill cups.
- For a more complete explanation of options click here to see our blog entry comparing cups and nipples.